Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just Words

I was just looking over my previous posts, and thinking about the people who make this culinary life worth sharing. I've spent the night drinking wine abundantly and making merry with some fantastic people, and have come even closer to my inevitably fruiting realisation that life is nothing if not for the people we live it with.
Life is about creating the world we would like to share with people, and shaping that world with the people we would best hope to share it with. Such a creative life is limitless, if you create it in trust with limitless people. I'm increasingly coming to realise how blessed I am to be surrounded by such people.
Shallaw and Tyler and Robin and Sean and all of the staff at Fishworks are wholly exceptional souls. Not very often does an idea experience the synthesis of this breadth of experience and interpersonal harmony. Not only is Shallaw's concept and execution of the highest order, but his social intuition is able to bring together a very unique and exciting group of people. This is what makes me the most hopeful for Fishworks -- I think everybody knows that this is about more than business.
So I think it is important to recognize the people who make us who we are. None of us exist in a vacuum -- for better or for worse, we are created by the people we let in. And my life has become infinitely richer for allowing myself to open up enough to let in some very genuine people that I have come to trust.
Life as an old man can be rewarding, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment